Faux Fur Ottoman

28.3.16

DIY A Faux Fur Ottoman


I am totally in love with all things comfy and cozy right now! 

I have this ottoman that I have already re covered but no longer like the fabric. So rather than buying a new ottoman for anywhere from $45.00-$125.00, I made what I wanted. 

So let us get started.

Materials: 


  • Staples ( 1" to 2" depending on how thick your fabric is)
  • Staple Gun
  • Needle Nose Pliers to remove staples 
  • Fabric of your choice ( I used 1 1/2 yards for faux fur. I had extra, just got more to be safe, plus it was on sale!)
  • Ottoman   * You can also do this with an old box or basket just be sure that you have something sturdy for the staples to stick into



Before
Here is the ottoman. 



Since I had already re covered this ottoman I first had to remove all the staples and fabric.


Using needle nose pliers that staples came right out!


One everything is removed the ottoman was back the its original look. I failed to capture a photo but it was a basic textured taupe fabric. I left this on to keep the structure. 

Lay out your fabric

Measure Your Ottoman Top 
* Lay your top on your fabric, add 2"- 3" for stapling room

Measure You Ottoman Base 
* I like to wrap my fabric around the base as if I were ready to staple and 
mark it as needed with a pencil. Be sure to add
2" to your measurements so you have room for staples

Once it is all measured make your cuts were you did your markings & start stapling! 


A L L   D O N E! 






How did yours turn out? 


P.S. Click MY SHOP to shop for great spring looks! Use the 
code: HELLOSPRING for 50% off all winter wear or 
code: CLEARANCE for 50% off any and all of our clearance goodies 


Much Love,
Amanda 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs