Mini portfolio

11.10.14

So I figured it was time to do a posting that has some paintings and projects all in one place. Now that I don't have an Etsy shop anymore I have pictures everywhere...too allover the place for me. Anyways, here is some of my work:
I can't take all the credit for the rustic wood bed frame, Ryan did most of the work...I just designed it and got it ready to be put together. 
This door will soon be the sliding door into my craft room. Ryan's parents gave it to us. All I did was sand it all down and layered a protective coating over it. I loved all the wear on it, didn't want to ruin the old, unique look it had. It is much sweeter in person btw.
Very old cabinet from a family member's lake cabin. Didn't touch the base color, left that as is and just added the tribal details and quote.
Found this gem in Walker, MN. I did change this one up a bit, accented it with a mustard yellow paint and added cork board and some fun fabric to the sides. Original hinges are still in place. This item can be used for so many different things: jewelry, notes, photos and whatever else your creative mind thinks of! 
One of my many wood cabinet paintings. This one is rather different from the other paintings of mine...something kept me from continuing with my normal designs, so I left it. Funny how being an artist lets you do whatever you want really :) 
I love this one....hope that is okay to say about one of your own paintings. It is done on wooden titles for flooring. An older man wanted them gone from his garage sale....luckily my mother in law was there and talked him into giving me double the amount! Love painting on them....too bad they are all gone now. 
Disappearing fox on wood cabinet
Mustard yellow and grey abstract elephant holding a black and white picture of the world. This is also done on two wood boards. 
More wood boards! Abstract face of a lady
Another absolute favorite of mine...this abstract tribal elephant is very precious to me. It is so unique, all hand drawn details with sharpie believe it or not over a bright tribal design. Below is another one that uses the same technique.

Mountains

oh & this little guy......This is done on those wooden titles I mentioned just a few pictures back. 

Let me get closer....

Wood board torn out of a cabin in Cass Lake, MN....family friends were ditching this room that had beautiful walls covered in wood boards.....so of course I wanted them My father in law and husband went in and took a bunch out for me :) 

Mr. Panda here has changed so many times.....this is how he shall stay. 

Switched it up and did a graphite drawing of a close up tiger face on a piece of wood that I painted light blue and then stamped over to add a fun word pattern to a simple drawing 

Abstract wolf on wood 
This busy, busy painting had a lot of history....so many layers to it which makes it unbelievably unique and original! 
 
Nothing like a baby blue lion on some plywood....
A small skate shop in downtown Fargo, ND was just tossing their amazing wood flooring....I begged Ryan to ask them if I could have it...only if I had my big car back then! I could only fit so much!! So glad he asked for me :) 

As I find some more pictures I will add them to this posting to continue to keep things in one place! 

Creating  a happy life one step at a time. 
Amanda Adams 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs