How I Got Amazing Engagement Photos

28.1.16


Plan, Practice & Go With The Damn Flow. 

Natural lighting is your best friend when it comes to photos. 
All the edits done with these were done on my IPhone 6 in the basic edits. 
There are so many apps you can use but I kept things simple because 
I didn't want the edited look, plus the natural lighting worked well. 

Knowing the people you are photographing 
does amazing things for you photos. At least I think so. 
I had a rough idea of how Tori would react and that 
my brother would look at the camera and smile...
I just didn't know when. I was prepared and 
kept an eye for hidden details. Basically, I was a hawk. 

Ryan is not as artsy fartsy as I am... so we balance (get different views/angles) each other well. He is logical, matte of fact and 
his photos show that. He got great shots (like the one above). 
He was down in the tiny bush capturing the angle 
where you could see Tori's facial reaction where 
I was on the flip capturing more of Timmy's. 


Meet my brother, Timmy & the love of his life, Tori. 
They meet in high school when they were great friends. 
Timmy has been in love with Tori since, well, forever. 
He told us (the family) that he loved her right from the start. 
He was young, she was young so we said hmmm yup, of course you do. 
All while thinking, young love, it will pass. Yet it didn't! They only got freakin' 
cuter together! Who does that (in real life!)?

In 2015 they hit their time together where it was like okay already, get engaged! 
Little did everyone know Timmy was working his butt off on 
designing a ring perfectly for Tori. 
He would call Ryan & I daily on his long track home from work. 
Timmy & I would basically stalk Tori's Pinterest...but she made it tough! 
She has like no boards, only like Pins. Really Tori!!

After months of this, Timmy finally finished the ring & got it! 
It is BEAUTIFUL! Dainty just like sweet little Tori. 

Now the engagement. 
He filtered through ideas like crazy! 
From NYC near the giant tree around the holidays, 
to Boston where Ryan & I are currently, to an island or
 something where it was just them. 
Timmy had asked Ryan & I to be there a while ago to 
take document it for them (aka Tori). We are not photographers but 
like to pretend we are. Hobby by choice.

As the day got closer, Timmy had the perfect idea for the engagement.
 He now planned to re-do one of their dates was rather significant. 
I have no clue how this man is so damn romantic? My mom and 
step dad have hugged like all of 3 times that I have ever seen 
(even though they had 3 kids together). My dad, I don't know? 
Dad are you like this?? 
Anyways, Timmy is a total mushy, lovey, dovey guy... & Tori totally loves him! 
When Ryan & I arrived to Venice, FL 
Timmy took us to where he wanted to have it all go down. 
THE GATE WAS LOCKED! 
So I guess, was this private property? 
We found another way... 
we got there and scoped out the layout, the angles of the 
photos and all that jazz. We arrived at the same time that 
he would be doing it on the following night to make sure the 
natural lighting was just right. 

The night of. This entire time planning this Tori & her family
 thought that we were hosting an ugly sweater party. 
Which we did have but really it was a little celebration from 
Tim & Tori and a way from them to announce it to the family 
and celebrate all together! 

The boys helped to get the angles good to go! Thanks guys.




Okay, we were all set. The sun was going down fast & they were here yet. What happens, two people come and park their chairs right next to us!!!!!! Really! You see two people with rather large cameras around their necks, a blanket, and all things romantic & you choose right next to us...when there is an entire beach! 


 Alex (in the orange) went over and used his charm explaining to the lady what we were doing...thanks Alex for doing that! 

This might be the moment were Alex saw dam ants were started to come after the food! Luckily, we caught it in time. 




They are here! Ryan & I had to get to work.





THEY ARE HERE! Timmy had Tori bling folded...just like he did with the date. 


To the right (opposite side of the bench) there were people grilling out. A lady that was there decided it would be a good idea to start saying "she is blind folded" over and over and over! Louder each time. I am the one taking these photos at the moment. I am giving this lady and dam "mom eyes" like SHUT THE beep UP! 
She didn't get the hint... how do I know? Oh, well she GOT UP & FOLLOWED US entire way. She also decided to elevate her thoughts out loud from "she is blindfolded", "It is a surprise", "Is this and engagement?"...If Ryan would ever smack someone, she might has been it. 


 We kept things going. Ryan did his best to keep the lady back near him so Tori wouldn't hear anything she was (rudely) saying. 

WE made it to the beach! No one fell and as of right now that annoying sight seer is back aways. 

Nothing like a volleyball net to maneuver around...just to keep her guessing. 
Thanks Alex for lifting it. I would have totally failed there. 

Timmy had to tell her where to stand..she wasn't making this easy.





Tori kept trying to take off her blind fold so Timmy got it to before she just did it anyways. 


Are you ready for this?





Well, are you???
too late, you took too long...




Here is my fav...well one of them

I LOVE this photo! 




If you my brother, you will love this photo too. 
This is so Timmy. 



When we were getting ready, testing photos I knew exactly where I wanted to be. The angle, the background and the little bits of grass. We had a problem though...too much grass! The boys got to work to make it just right for me...again THANK YOU! 

All that work lead us to have this perfect photo below. 





This is my actually fav



Aw, would ya just look at these two. 


Oh my gosh! I almost forgot. The lady I mentioned early, you know, that one that follow us and keep saying (dumb) stuff out loud. Well, guess who was the first person to congratulate these two. Yup, you guess it. The beach lady was. Geez the weeze. Here were were trying to be all sneaky with photos and hurrying to get out of there and that lady comes walking up to those two. 
I won't even tell you the advice she gave them! Although, I will let you know they are not taking it. :) 

Love you both heaps! 
So happy for you and your journey to continue down a different path. 

Opps....

My videos are not working and I am clueless on how to fix them. I uploaded the video and in my head, they should just work...but they don't. 
So for now, no videos but hopefully I can get them up soon. 

Anyone know how to fix this? ;( (extreme sad face)


Well, that it is that. Hope you were inspired by these photos! 

Later Loves. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs