DIY Home Renovations: Painted Accent Wall

14.3.16




We have a giant 2 story wall in our home that we have talked about making into a wooden wall but with doing bamboo flooring now we didn't want to take away from them or have so much wood going on so considering most of our accents & furniture are also wood.

While browsing Pinterest I came across an angle ombre wall accent painted right on the wall. I showed Ryan the picture & surprisingly he liked it! As soon as I knew he liked it I began measuring and taping.

I started off by measuring the boarder of the wall and marking little lines at 6 inches all the way around. Once everything was marked, I began taping away...


Here is a glimpse at before

 Here is the start of the taping. 

I had to wait to continue the taping because that little step ladder you see there was not getting the job done for this 2 story wall. 


Here is another look before Ryan got on the scary ladder and finished the taping.
When taping the angle lines I went with the flow of the wall. Luckily I have a pretty good eye for straight lines so I just eyeballed it and Ryan check them. We looked at the angles from all sports in the view of the wall to get different looks at it to make sure the lines were straight as could be. 

PRESS DOWN THE TAPE! 
If you get inspired to do a painted accent wall of your own please, please buy good tape! We used Frog Tape, the widest one, through out our entire home and for this wall. It is awesome! Just make sure that you press down the tape really well so your paint does not leak through and make you cry when you are all done. 

Lucky for us, our tenant left some of their belongings in our shed and some are rather useful, like this ladder.

We used Valspar paint for all of the painting in our home. Most walls only need one coat with some minor touch ups here and there. Overall thus paint is amazing! 


THIS is why I need to have someone else proof read! I am dyslectic and damn is it frustrating when you spend time to create an image to see this...STAIN instead of SATIN! GRrrrrr. 


Ryan just loves when I include him in photos! 


 The turnout was a success! 

We totally love this Valspar Reserve Satin paint! It is not cheap but it is amazing to work with. As much as we wish we would have used this to begin with, we are also glad we didn't considering our tenant would have just ruined it anyway.




Much More to Come & Much Love,
Amanda 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs