Tips For Non Greasy Hair

21.3.16



Hair Care Tips & Tricks 
Tips on not washing my hair for weeks!

I don't enjoy washing my hair, it makes it so damn straight! 
I love having messy hair.

People always ask me what I do to my hair because it is never greasy. Well ladies, let me introduce you to being product free with a dash of dawn and baking soda.

First things first. I have always hated washing my hair ever since I was little. This includes brushing it. My name once flipped my head over and "brushed" out the knots underneath. By brushed, I am cut out the knots! Straight took scissors to my long locks!

I grew up with extremely long hair. Like fall in the toilet if you are not careful long. That happened once, next thing I know my mom had me cut it to what I considered short.

Australia 2010 was a crazy time for me. I moved there in February of that year to study abroad, which is also known as drunk as much box wine as you can and try to attend classes. :) it is true. So one of my random adventures there I woke up with dreads...we won't get into the details. But I had them, and honestly loved it. They were like the intense ones or anything but when people saw me, that is what they reference my hair style as.


Here is just the start of my hair going wild. About a month after this, it got real. 



Arriving back to America I did what I could to "clean" up my hair without having it cut it all off. I stopped using ALL products, got it deep conditioned with the lovely Allen of Studio 7119 in Sarasota, Fl (love him) and chopped it off just to below my shoulders.

I continued to not use products and wash with water and a dash of baking soda. I continued this for about a year and a half! My hair was growing (slow but it was) and looking healthy again.

Anyone that knows me can tell you how often I dye my hair. For being a health conscious person, I treat my hair pretty poor compared to the rest me my body. Anyways, I have had pretty much every color. One time while changing colors my hair got so oily- it is GROSS, all capitals yelling like you just touched someone's snot. Seriously. My mom & nana (because I am old enough now to admit they know most things if not everything) told me to use Dawn dish soap. I laugh because I won't even use that stuff on my dishes. Like I was about to put it on my hair. HA! 

Well, guess what? I did it & I loved it. Still use it....sometimes. It took out the oils from the dying (thank you hair god). I do NOT use it daily or weekly but when I do, I add a 2 second drop of a squeeze to water and apply it right to the top of my head. Rub a dub dub and rise. 

Typically I use a tbsp of baking soda when I have product in and rise my hair. Sometimes I add this to a tad bit of the Say Yes To Blueberries Conditioner I have.  

2-3 weeks is how often I wash my hair. Sometimes I will get it wet in the shower (if I have no product in it) but not of the time, I just toss it up and let it be. Now that is is getting warmer outside, I plan to sweat more on runs which will lead me to more wet washes (just rising out my hair with water).  Everyone has their own point of view on this. It is good for your hair, it is bad, gross, whatever you think, it works for me.  Everyone is different. Everyone's body is different. Do what works for you.

I am back to using products here and there but only if I am going out, have a meeting or I am networking. Otherwise-nothing! Which helps so much! I hear ladies telling me all the time that they could never not wash their hair every day or every other day. STOP THAT! Please take the time to get your hair free from products so you CAN make it more than 2 days without having to wash your precious locks. 









All of the above photos are ones with no product in. In fact the bottom two are while we backpacked Ireland, Scotland & England and I didn't wash it the entire trip! 


My husband just started this. He stopped washing his hair on a daily basis. He even notice that it wasn't the greatest but soon after doing this few showers, he noticed a difference in his hair. 

On another note
Since Australia, I have chopped it, grew up out and chopped it shorter than I have ever before. It is now just past my shoulders. I am working on growing it out again. I mess my messy bun way too much! I have been taking Hair Skin & Nails from ItWorks and damn, I love this stuff! It does give me a pretty gnarly tummy ache so I have to take it right as I fall asleep. I have seen a difference in my hair and my nails are stronger and longer than I ever thought I could have them. 



Well, that's that ladies and gentlemen. Let me know your tricks to keeping things grease free in the hair world.

Later loves,
Amanda 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs