DIY Fancy Abstract Art

21.4.15

Metallic is in & spending loads of money on art is out! 

Here is an easy but awesome DIY for fancy artwork. 




So, go gather your materials & let's get going!

Materials you will need:
1- Acrylic Metallic Paint
2-4 - Different colored Acrylic Paints (maybe the color story of the room of which you envision this hanging?)
1- sponge brush
-Painter's Tape ( splurge & just buy the good stuff, it is worth it)
-a painters palette is shown here...which you don't need
-a dash of patience 




Do a little bit of each color paint covering the entire area of your canvas/wood-leave metallic paint for later 

This one was ruined in our move...I took picture of it because, yes it looks like poop. 
I thought I was being clever here.... But I  wasn't. I found that I had to basically add to adjust all the precut tape ...
Song started by just going along on side spacing it out, keeping even spaces. 
To be honest, I eye ball pretty much everything. After realizing my pre-cut tape wasn't going to work, I just went for it. I added length where I needed it and took it away from where I didn't. Eventually I got this. 
Now, first press down all your tape making sure it is goo to go. Once it is. Squirt a bit a tour metallic paint over top and cover it all using your sponge brush. 
Depending on how you want your metallic look, you could do a light (one base) coat or have a heavier metallic look by doing more layers of paint. 
Give it a good hour or so to dry to be sure. All dry? Great! Go ahead and take off all the paint. 
I added eye hook and wire to the back to make it easy to hang. 
Bam! Here it is! All fancy looking and hung up! 
What colors are you going to choose for your fancy art? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs