Craned Giraffe

25.2.15

It all started when we went out to explore a bit of Boston....
On our walk to Alewife station Ryan was helping me brainstorm through ideas for my next work of art. I told him I was thinking an animal with a crane but could thing of what would really flow well. As we cross a little creek I glance over to my right to see a giant crane & I yelled a giraffe! Anyone else would think I was crazy but Ryan simply responded with " yeah, that would work." 

The next day I went to his work with him and without any distractions, I got to work. 
Here is the process of the Craned Giraffe. 


This is just after I traced all my graphite drawing with water resistant ink.

I used my watercolor pencils to get the color started.

This show the up to right before I painted the crane and started cutting. 

A close up of the craned giraffe. I used nails and wire to get the full effect.

Just a different angle...

& the final outcome! The reclaimed wood is from an old barn in Minnesota. I went and bought a bunch before we moved out here & man am I glad I did! Reclaimed wood out here is stupid expensive....makes me sad. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs