Celiac vs. Restaurants in the Boston Area

11.2.15

I don't know if it is because I added some fish back into my diet or if the food out here is just that good but man does the Boston area know how to take care of people with Celiac Disease. 

I am not a huge fan of eating out as I was vegan before we moved here & gluten free. I almost always got sick or left just as hungry as I was when arrived & with a headache or discomfort. 
Since we have be "living" here in MA we have had to eat out almost for every meal. We are living out of a hotel since our stuff hasn't arrived yet. For those of you who don't know...My husband Ryan took an opportunity that has relocated us to Boston! We re so excited to live here for the next 18 months or so. Currently we are living out of a hotel and having to eat out for basically every meal- which of course had be worried since we decided we were doing this. 

Luckily I have this wonderful app called Find Me Gluten Free which locates all places near your current location that offer gluten friendly services. The services vary and I find the reviews to be the most useful for me. Using this app we have found amazing places here. I have not got sick once! This has to be a record for me....and gosh with the bread! Everywhere we go they offer me bread which I am not used to...I think I finally hint my limit an luckily I no longer want it when they offer! Phew! 

Some of the places we have ate at are: 

This first ones is probably our absolute favorite! They support local and were so friendly. 

We went for dinner one night, bought juices to take back with us and went back the next day for a late lunch :) We downloaded their app as well and received a free french fries (which are baked & simply amazing) I like their sweet potato fries & Ryan likes the regular fries....the calories are listed- check them out....you will be amazed! 
This is place will be one we visit often. 

okay, if you are looking for some good, fresh seafood and an allergy friendly environment...this is the place! They have the best Gluten free bread so far & specialize is allergies. We had an absolute fantastic time and left raving about the place. Anyone who visits us will be going here for sure. Due to my gluten and dairy allergy they worked with me to create a delicious meal. Managers are the only ones allowed to bring out food to people with allergies to ensure no last minute cross contamination. Highly recommended! 


The service here is fabulous! We ate dinner here and went right back the next day for round two. I have never been so full eating out since being gluten/dairy free. The onion roll was a perfect start....I probably should have stopped after the first one but I think I ended up eating 3. I choose the Sage Pecan Salmon dish that was served with rooted veggies and a cranberry-almond quinoa. The dish was flavorful and cooked perfectly. It was my first time eating fish out here so I was overly full from the meal but the flavor was delicious! 


When I first spoke with Ryan about his time in Boston (when I was still out in MN) He mentioned the place he ate at....Legal Sea Foods. He talked about it for days! We were wondering around The MOA of the Boston area, the Burlington Mall on one of the days we were getting pounded with snow. As the day went on we realized it was dinner time and most places were closed already due to the winter storm warning....so we went here. I had Buffalo Popcorn Shrimp & it was completely gluten & dairy free!!!!!!!!! Gosh I was happy :) There was even avocado chunk in the dipping sauce. For dinner Ryan & I split the Mahi-Mahi a baked potato and mashed potatoes. 

I took the baked and Ryan took the mash considering the whole dairy thing. I ended up giving him my Mahi, it was good but I couldn't handle the chewiness. It was too meaty for me...made him happy! Plus all those Buffalo Popcorn shrimp was more than enough for me. Everything that is made Gluten free is marked on the regular menu and from what I was told doesn't share the same fryer with anything else besides diary items.Here is there dinner menu .

Well That is all I have in current new for eating out in the Boston area. With all the options here I am sure we will be trying a new place soon. Until then, if you are looking for items at home Wegmans grocery store has some great options for the gluten free lifestyle. 

Boston Area Restaurants- WIN! 

To eating happy & healthy in the Boston area! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs