Cuteness got the best of me.

14.12.15




Recently I was fortunate enough to travel to Thailand & explore its never ending beauty while experiencing the culture. 
See my Thailand post here 

During our adventure to the floating markets, I came face to face with the cutest little creature I have seen with my own two eyes! It is known as the Slow Loris. At the time, I thought it was a Lemur of some sort. My mind was telling me how cruel it was that people would have such an animal as a pet, if you can call it that. How awful it was was that they were charging people to hold it and take photos. I found myself not able to walk away. I found this creature so cute and had this overwhelming urge to hold it. I wanted to keep it, take it away with me. The tiny little chunky fingers and huge eyes got the best of me and my thoughts about wild animals. I paid to hold it

Since, I have felt so uneasy. I have not been able to shake my feelings on this. I still remember how I felt holding the slow loris, that it seemed in a daze, distracted & out of it. Although it was so soft and seemed to be cuddling, I now know it was terrified. It wasn't a some daze nor distracted. This animal is nocturnal and the sunlight was hurting it. The fact that it is up and going out in the bright daylight is painful for those big beautiful eyes. What I have learned and seen now has left a horrible pain in my heart and stomach. It hurts me to know I was sucked into something I felt was wrong. Now, I want to share what I have learned with you so you do not make the same mistake. Maybe you even choose to help these creatures from being traded and held captive in horrible conditions. 

How I found out even more:

WE love to watch YouTube. Personally I love the animal videos, baby videos, anything along those lines. While watching some, we came across 10 of the cutest animals that can actually kill you. The Slow Loris was in the video. I was thrilled to finally remember the name of this creature as I forgot so wasn't sure what to research. I immediately looked into it now knowing the name.

I came across a website: International Animal Rescue

The main information you need to know was instantly explained and only made me sadder. I can not change or take back the fact that I paid to hold this creature nor do I want to. My actions lead me to learn about what happens to these and so many other animals. I am using my experience to help with spreading the word to others.

I know animals all over need our help and support. The list is endless and when it comes down to actually providing support, how do you choose between them all? I too, have many animals I would like to help. I am actively speaking on this creatures behalf because I personally experienced an emotional interaction with it. 

If you are someone who has a passion for animals or knows someone who does, I hope you take the time to read about the Slow Loris and share your new knowledge with others

Adopt a Slow Loris today. 

They are funny. 

Update on 3/16/16
Here is another link to a video I have found that should really hit home. 
Tickling is Torture 


Happy Monday. 
Later Loves. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs