DIY Blanket Ladder

2.4.15

I made a DIY Blanket Ladder under 1 hour
& reused wood & screws I already had!!

I have wanted a ladder to display/hold our blankets for a while now. All the ladders I have found & like are rather pricey...for an old ladder. 
So me being me, 
I decided to make one. 

I used wooden slates from our old headboard. We originally made our bed frame & when we moved to Boston we had to take it apart...I couldn't let all this wood go to waste! 

So here are photos of our old bed frame & the headboard.

Queen bed frame that Ryan built.

Queen head board that we designed, built & painted.

Here I am taking apart our old headboard so I could reuse the wood slats!

Personally I think living in an apartment complex is wonderful, I LOVE it! 
Although it does have its downs...like not being able to build things whenever I want. Also not having more space to work. Oh well, after moving some furniture around and laying out an old painters tarp, my work space was good to go! 

I am not one to actually follow plans. I find ideas via Pinterest &
 pin them and figure out how to do it myself....sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't. 

 

I do not recommend doing this alone unless you have the proper tools. I am not going to lie, it was complicated. Luckily it worked out okay but could have easily become a disaster! 

I started by measuring the boards I already had & lucky for me they were 5 feet which is what I wanted for height. I left two at 5 feet and cut one slat down into 3 sections at 18 inches each.

I laid one side down flat and measured 13 inch spaces down the ladder. Then I drew slanted lines marking the angle the slates should lay & where to screwed in. 
This is the part that was complicated since I was doing it alone. Have someone help you to hold the boards in place and so they are more stable when you are screwing. I put two screws on each end. 

I had chosen to only have 3 spaces to hang blankets but 
you could alter measurements to do more or least. 
It is a DIY-you can do it however fits your needs & wants! 


I still need to stain the rest of the wood but want to wait until it is a bit warmer outside. 
For now, here it is! 


As long as you have wood, screws, a tape measure and a screw driver you can do it! 
I can't wait to see how your blanket ladders turn out!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs