North Cambridge Apartment

19.2.15


So, as some of you know we were recently relocated to Boston, MA. Ryan is working in Burlington, MA.

                                                                                                                 Side note: 
                                                 The best grocery store EVER is found in                                                                                  Burlington! It is called Wegmans. It is the greatest                               
 place for us both. With the way I ate it can be hard 
                                       to go to the grocery store and get everything we both                                                                                want....but here we can basically get the same                                                exact stuff! The Wegmans brand labels everything 
GF (Gluten Free), V (Vegan), 
LF (Lactose Free), FF (Fat Free) & more! 
This cuts down our time there and 
makes it so much easier for us to shop. 
Thank you Wegmans! 22 minute drive is worth it!

  
This is me on the side of Wegmans...the snow is just insane here. 


Okay- Now to our North Cambridge apartment.....
Here is our new apartment at Vox on Two. So far we really enjoy living here. Location is good...minus the snow effecting the travel everywhere. We have a wonderful view of a wooden area with trails. 
 
So this is before our place was "Amanda'd" out as Ryan would say. 

 Goodwill will be receiving at least 10 boxes of our stuff
as we have absolutely no where to put it all...it is probably time anyways. 

Below you will find our place "Amanda'd" out...some stuff still doesn't have a home yet but I am handling it....like the TV which one day will be on a wall mount above the fire place. It is currently blocking my adorable little coffee area! 
Here is the view from the fireplace side:


Next you will see the kitchen view before 
& after


This is the bathroom in our room. It is such a great size! 
This is is what we (aka I) did with it:



Here is my Craft Cave/Guest room. I do not love it but it is better than no space for guest or all my art! If anyone has any advice to offer an making the most of apartment living I would love to hear it! 
Below is a messier picture...probably more realistic of what it will typically look like with me painting everyday. 

Close up of the make shirt craft area. This is the same table Ryan & I created using two bookshelves from target and the top we built out of scrap wood from other projects. The peg board you see is trimmed in scrap wood and stained to match.  
I figured I would show you the messier version of this as well....


Luckily we have rather large closets & I did my best to completely fill them....I mine like test the strength fill them! This took forever but I finally figure it all out and found a place for everything. There is stuff hidden everywhere...let's hope that we don not need any of it any time soon. 

Our room
We gave in our bought our first bed frame from Overstock

The is the wall opposite from our bed. 


We also got a special gift during our move in.....
SNOW!
so much dang snow here in Boston. This is insane. Coming from MN we are use to snow and cold. The "cold" here is nothing compared to MN but the snow here tops the snow there. The level you see here at decreased and increased 3 times since this photo was taken. 

Two side projects:
Here is a refurbished door that was going to my a sliding barn style door for my craft room back in MN....but plans changed so now it is kinda of like out command center. 
Ryan is making the most of all the natural lighting we have an is taking on growing some fruits & veggies. Here is the Avocado...fingers crossed this one works!

Thanks for your interest! I will be posting again soon on our life here in Boston....if we ever get out to explore. Check back on that if the snow ever stops....it is currently snowing as I am typing....our explorations of Boston might have a to wait awhile. 





No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs