Introducing the Heli-dragon

24.2.15


I want to share this process with you. Below you will find various steps I did to create the, what I am calling it, Heli-Dragon.

The sketching


Starting to add some color


After some color is added using watercolor pencils I went in with watercolor p[aint and blending the two together creating very vibrant green & blue shades

I used some left over card board from moving to create a work space on the ground to prevent glue or other materials from getting on the carpet, along with having a space to cut without worries


Here is my mess.....I started added the watercolor around the focused image to create a worn look to the paper


Testing the space and arrangement of the wings


I used tracing paper to get the transparent look in the wings. I drew the details with graphite and went over it with water resistant ink than added watercolor pencil and watercolor paint to get the full effect.


Here is a close upof all the materials & layers used 


& the final product!


It will be for sale during the month of March at Out of the Blue Art Gallery & More 
in Cambridge, MA. If you happen to be in the area, be sure to stop into the gallery to check it out along with all the other great art they show. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs