The burning has stopped!

23.1.14

Good morning beautiful people!
Last picture of me with my glasses!! I don't take photos well...always do something dumb. 

Yesterday I had my LASIK surgery done.... Lets just say that it was a very interesting experience & now I CAN SEE!!! I had my procedure done at Whiting Clinic  by Dr. Whiting. They are very welcoming there. Immediately making you feel welcomed, explaining everything that is happening and why along  with offering of beverages and they have this intense coffee/drink maker. Ryan was able to be there with me the entire time besides a few minutes before, during and a few minutes after my procedure. The produce took less than 7 minutes total (from getting me all ready to sitting me up). Once Dr. Whiting took a quick look at my eyes I was given these spiffy black shades to wear home along with when I sleep for the next week...

I was not nervous for the procedure but for what I was going to experience afterwards. For me, the worst part of the LASIK surgery was when they put the silver clamp down on your eye....everything else that happens you can not feel, it is just super bright. As I arrived home I immediately laid down to try and sleep before the only part that I was scared/nervous about kicked in....the burning! (I absolutely hate when my eyes burn)....Even with me taking the sedative they offer and two of my own the burning hit me hard and would wake me up. I would jerk awake from the burning sensation and was also extremely itchy! I am assuming the itchy part may be from me being warm and the medicine as I never take any form of medicines. Around 9:30 Ryan got me from the couch to the bed, I put the first dose of my 3 times of eye drops in put my spiffy black shades back on and slept great!

I can see now with a bit of a blur here and there. My check up is this morning so we will see if everything is healing well...most of the healing happens within 20 hours of your procedure. I am not looking forward to having to go outside though...too bad thy can't come here! It is -15 here today aka HELL! I want to be warm, in the sun with no wind!
Very deceiving out there..it is -15 sunny winter days worry me-sad:( 

TheScribbledLink has not been forgotten either. I will be posting my newest abstract mountain painting and hopefully get the chance to stitch some of my new fun fabrics together so I can post scarfs as well. You can click here to see the newest mountain painting: Abstract Tribal Mountains
This is not the finish product, please click the link to see the final and completed painting. 

Happy Thursday Everyone! Stay warm if you are somewhere like me in the frigid cold and if you are someone warm- share please.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs