Extending to Interior Decor

24.3.15

After much thought, reading, research and talking to myself into it....I have decided to extend Brushes & Bolts into interior decorating. I have heaps to figure out still...like actually making this into a business. On paper I may not have the most experience but I do this work daily. Every space I enter my mind just starts racing with ideas- sometimes I wish my mind would just rest! 

I absolutely love moving items around, changing up spaces, creating happy environments, finding salvage items, using unexpected items in random places and incorporating reclaimed items into rooms. On top of all that- I love the challenge or creating something special and unique for someone. Making a persons vision come to life and providing them with comfort and happiness in space they can enjoy daily just seems to be the perfect way to use my creativity and OCD of moving furniture & organizing items. 
If you are anything like me, a budget comes into factor...which only makes this more exciting & special. Lucky for you, I always have a budget for rooms. My creativity and use of objects uncommon ways helps me to create rooms people love within their budgets! 

So, no that I have decided to do this, I need advice and guidance. I can research and read all I want on this topic but I want to hear from you! I want to know the thoughts of the people I would be working for. 

What do you think of this idea? 
Would you hire me? 
What do you want to see or know before you hire me?
How  much would you want to pay a decorator? 
What would you expect along the way of the decorating process?
Would you be okay with me using salvage and reclaimed items?


I want to do this the most cost effective way possible. I want to refurnish old items, turn items into pieces with unexpected uses and bring salvaged items into my decor. 

I picture you, my clients, to provide me with:
 -a budget
-color pallet
-favorite pattern(s)
-main wants/desires
-main dis-wants/ dislikes
-inspired images
-timeline 

I have read heaps on what to charge as a decorator. It varies from location along with how to charge.
Options for charging mainly consist of:
-hourly rate (included in clients budget)
-hourly rate (on top of clients budget)
-15%-30% percentage of budget
I would love your advice with this. What would you feel comfortable doing. There are many pros and cons to each method. 
I would honestly prefer the hourly payment but I want to be sure that my clients can use the major portion of their budgets on the decor. I do not want my clients worrying about what they will owe at the end. I would rather them be excited to see the final result & not dread the end cost of my time. 

What do you think is best? What would make you happy and want to choose me as your decorator over anyone else? 

okay, while I wait to hear from you wonderful, inspiring people, I better get to planning! So much to figure out! 

Also, please don't be shy! If you are at all interested in having me decorate any area of your home within your budget just shoot me an email @ ajo.adams@gmail.com. I will open to traveling within areas of Boston, MA & Venice, FL. 

Happy Tuesday!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs