Fugly to fabulous

12.8.14

During out moves in the past years Ryan's rather old Ikea lamps have had a run for their money. In the last move into our new house we decided to take the ripped, dirty and old lamp shades off in hopes to just but new ones. Well ikea doesn't sell the lamp shades seperately for this particular style so I took the opportunity to creat my own! 

I have been on this kick of but what is on sale and make the best of it!! A bit more fun and interesting...I guess I think... well, I can always change it! 

Here are the lamps I am referring to: 
And here is after: 
I used outdoor fabric and fabric glue...that's all!! Just cut slits to wrap around top frame and glued all the slits around and one large seem all the way down one side. 

Super easy and cheap if you don't mind the selection of fabric on sale. Plus I have a new best friend, fabric glue!! 

Happy Tuesday! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs