Small DIY projects to add a little spark to your home

1.5.14

Fancy up the Bathroom with paint, trim and color....
We used valspars Bleached Snow for a grey toned wall and I couldn't be happier! Love the color! Add the to small space without taking away or making it feel any smaller than it is. Next came the mirror...hated it. So we framed it with two types of wood: 
Bam! To me it is a huge difference and soooo simply! Just try to not to take a hot shower shortly after so the glue can have a chance to dry :)...we found that out the hard way! All of this cost us less than $20 and no more than 20 minutes :) 


Easy and cheap way to add a quote, phrase or words to your wall... 

First I found the quote I wanted to use and picked the spot I wanted it. I choose our bedroom near the closet so you could see it from out door. Being crafty I had white sharpie poster paint markers so I used those until they ran out then bought a new one...I recommend that if you are doing this to just but a new one so you know that the paint it fresh and is all the same tone  :) I also had cardboard sentcils stores away. I knew I would find a way to use them!! I choose all the letters I wanted layer them all out in the floor to get an idea. I used painters tape to put them up on the wall and did all of the last letters of each sentence first and went on from there to keep things straight. 
After tracing each row I went back to the left hand side and filled them all it. 
 
This is when my first paint marker went out .... 
And the final project turned out like so...

We love it! It is time consuming but way cheaper than buying a wall decal. Also you get a little feelin of ahah! Look what I did :)  

That's for the recent smaller DIY projects! The front nook comes next.... 

Again, Happy early Thursday! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs